Swimming with the Pigs in the Bahamas: Your Ultimate Guide to Rose Island
If you’re planning a trip to the Bahamas, swimming with the pigs at Rose Island is one of the most popular attractions to check out. These adorable creatures have become a must-see for tourists visiting the Bahamas, and it’s not hard to see why. But before you head out to Rose Island, you should know a few things to make the most of your experience. Here’s everything you need to know about visiting the swimming pigs at Rose Island in the Bahamas.
Getting to Rose Island
Rose Island is a small island located about three miles east of Nassau. Several tour operators in Nassau offer day trips to Rose Island, so you can easily book a tour and take a boat ride over to the island. Alternatively, rent a private boat or take a water taxi from Nassau to Rose Island.
To get to the pier, book a private taxi service! Here is the driver we booked with during our entire stay:
Lamont Nixon Taxi Sercice
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: (242) 434-6868 – Nassau, N.P, Bahamas
Here is the private book company I booked during my last trip on a bachelorette:
Rose Island Half-Day Excursion
– Snorkle Beautiful Coral Reefs
– See the Sea Turtles
– Explore Rose Island
– Stop by a Beach Bar
– Optional: Swim with the Pigs
Duration: 4 Hours Long
Text Tatjana at (310) 251 7596 or email: [email protected]
Preparing for Your Visit
When you visit the swimming pigs at Rose Island, you should keep a few things in mind to ensure that you have a fun and safe experience.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your visit:
- Bring sunscreen and a hat: The sun can be intense in the Bahamas, so it’s important to protect your skin and stay hydrated while you’re on the island.
- Wear comfortable shoes: There is some walking involved on the island, so wear comfortable shoes that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Bring a waterproof camera: You’ll want to capture all the fun moments with the pigs, so make sure to bring a waterproof camera or phone case to protect your electronics from water damage.
- Don’t bring food: The pigs are fed by the tour operators, so don’t bring any food with you as it could cause them to become aggressive.
- Respect the pigs: The pigs are friendly, but they are still wild animals. It’s important to treat them with respect and follow the instructions of your tour guide to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Swimming with the Pigs
Once you arrive on Rose Island, you’ll have the opportunity to swim with the pigs and take photos with them on the beach. The pigs are surprisingly comfortable in the water, and they’ll often swim right up to you for a closer look. It’s a truly unique and unforgettable experience that you won’t want to miss.
Why Exuma is Overrated
While Exuma is often touted as the best place to swim with the pigs in the Bahamas, some visitors have found it to be overrated compared to Rose Island. Exuma is located further away from Nassau, and the tour operators there can be more expensive. Additionally, the pigs on Exuma have been known to become aggressive with tourists who bring food or get too close. While swimming with the pigs on Exuma can still be a great experience, many visitors have found that the experience at Rose Island is just as enjoyable and more convenient.
Other Activities on Rose Island
In addition to swimming with the pigs, Rose Island offers plenty of other activities for visitors. You can go snorkeling, paddle boarding, or just relax on the beach and soak up the sun. There is also a beach bar on the island where you can enjoy drinks and snacks while you take in the beautiful scenery.
visiting the swimming pigs at Rose Island is a one-of-a-kind experience that you won’t want to miss. With a little bit of preparation and respect for these adorable creatures, you can have a safe and memorable adventure that you’ll always cherish. And while Exuma may be a popular destination for swimming with pigs, many visitors have found that Rose Island offers a more convenient and enjoyable experience. So book your trip to Rose Island today and discover all the beauty and wonder that the Bahamas has to offer!
For more about the Bahamas, read here: www.kristinakayla.com/destinations/bahamas