1. Prioritize comfort over style. You may want to look great when you land in your destination city. But for the actual flight, it’s more important to be comfortable. Wear clothes that are easy to move around in and won’t restrict your breathing.
2. Get Ready for Sleepy Time. If you’re flying overnight, you must be prepared for sleep so you don’t risk jet lag. Bring an eye mask and ear plugs to help block out the bright lights and loud noises on the plane. Consider bringing sleepy tea and a blanket because planes can be chilly. I know some of my friends reading cannot sleep on planes, so for my energetic travelers, head over to tip #5!
3. Sitting in one position for too long can lead to stiffness and discomfort. Take a stroll up and down the aisle to keep your blood flowing.
3. Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water will help prevent dehydration, which can make you feel tired and cranky. Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which can contribute to dehydration.
4. Bring your own food. Airplane food can be expensive and not very tasty. Save yourself some money and bring your own snacks and meals. Just follow the airline’s rules about what you can bring on board.
5. Bring entertainment. A long flight can be boring, so come prepared with books, magazines, movies, music, or whatever else will keep you occupied during the trip. Sadly, not every flight is going to have top-notch entertainment. Usually, whenever I’m stuck looking at the back of a primary airplane seat, I’ll have my laptop in my personal bag under my feet. Or have Netflix or a season of a show I’ve always wanted to check out downloaded.
6. Be respectful of your fellow passengers. Remember that you’re sharing a small space with other people, so try to consider their personal space and needs. Avoid being noisy or disruptive, and respect any requests from the crew to keep the cabin quiet.
7. Relax and enjoy the ride! Flying can be an enjoyable experience if you let it be. Lean back, take in the views and enjoy the ride.
So, there you have it – our top tips for having a great in-flight experience. We hope you find them helpful and that your next flight is comfortable and enjoyable. Do you have any additional tips to share? Let us know in the comments below! And for more travel tips, click here!